"Just when I start thinking it's as good as it can get, this crazy life does something just to let me know I haven't seen anything yet."

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 33: you've given me everything that i will need...

..to make it through this crazy thing called life.

Happy Mother's Day! Let me start by saying I have the most wonderful mama out there. She has set a Godly example for both Cale and I, and has not only taught me, but showed me how a Godly woman should live. She's made sacrifices, so we could have the things that we wanted, but didn't need. Her and my daddy have given us a greater life than most kids dream of. We don't thank either of you enough. A song was sang in church this morning, called "Midnight Oil", and I think it's pretty fitting...

Mama like to burn the midnight oil.
Down on her knees in prayer
If you asked why she did it
She said she did it cause she cared
Now Mama always talked to Jesus
When she knelt by her rocking chair
Oh, I'm glad my mama was willin'
To burn the midnight oil in prayer

With that being said...I think we got a picture of everyone today. Except with MY mama. go figure....

After church, we ran home before lunch. As we pulled in the driveway, Cale saw a snake slithering (gross...even that word makes me cringe) across our yard...
so, what does he do? runs to HIS TRUCK, and pulls out his shotgun. blows the snake away. really, who carries a shotgun in their truck?
After the snake craziness and lunch, we headed to Granny and Pop's to spend the afternoon with the family.
Granny and her boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment